When we allow ourselves to become unpredictable
we open ourselves to new possibilities. Lyssa
This quote comes from the idea that if we continue to do things the same way we always have we will continue to get the same results. It is the law of Inertia. And, it’s great if we are happy with where our lives are going, how our relationships are manifesting, and if we are madly embracing the joy of the journey. But, if we aren’t so happy with how our life is moving along, and we continue to do the same things, in the same way, nothing will change, we won’t grow, we may be comfortable, but we rarely get something wildly interesting or radically new happening in our lives.
Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its state of motion including changes to its speed and direction or the state of rest. It is the tendency of objects to keep moving in a straight line at constant velocity. Wikipedia
- What is going on in your life, that you want to have a different result in?
- What is it going to take to jump the track and steer your story onto a new path?
- What is the story that is holding you back?
- What does the story of change sound like?
- What are you going to have to be willing to let go of, to make that change happen?
In this case, being unpredictable isn’t an external process, it’s an internal process. It’s StoryJacking, exploring the unpredictability of shaking up our concepts about what we think we are supposed to be, what others think we should be, and instead developing a vision about what we truly and authentically want to become.