Your vision + Your action = Your outcome
What will it take for you to take the first step?
Do you sometimes sit and think about starting, the project, the plan, your life? What do you do with all those intentions that you hold close to your heart, but don’t place your feet firmly on the pathway? How far would you be now, if you had started when you first wanted to move forward? What will your “tomorrow self” say to your “today self,” if you never take the first step?
There is no easy workaround that you’re going to find that makes it happen. It truly is all yours.
We’ve all heard that a journey of 1000 miles starts with one step and this goes for every goal, dream or vision that we have for ourselves. The small goals like, walking the dog more or eating more veggies. As well as the big dreams, like creating the life you want and finding the people you want to spend time with and get to know better.
Required for the first step: Bravery, Trust, Curiosity, Flexibility, and Determination.
- Bravery: You are going to have to get out of your own way, sorry there is no other person in your way, only you.
- Trust: You are going to have to trust yourself that you can survive things not being perfect or even failing. And, imagine that if you start enough times, you will eventually come up with a winning plan.
- Curiosity: Stay curious and open to opportunities, they show up all around you, you only have to see them and say “yes.”
- Flexibility: You will have more success if you stay flexible in your mindset and your thinking. Allow others to help and give feedback; it’s a gift to see your goals from more than one point of view.
- Determination: You will have to stay determined, focused on the long view, and keep your eyes on your end goal. You will have to take the first step, then the next, and the next, and the next.